Friday, November 23, 2007

Holidays

Thanksgiving this year was one of the worst holidays that I have had. Why is it that the happiest days of the year, the merriest times of the year are the most stressful and upsetting? Is it an unwritten law that says every holiday has to include yelling, screaming, crying, etc.? Or is it just my family?

This Thanksgiving, I made the entire dinner by myself. I've never done this before. Come Wednesday morning, I was so excited. I went and got all the groceries a week before. Originally, all the cousins used to get together at one house and we'd all cook one dish. Last year, we got together at Jyoti's house in Newark and had Thanksgiving there. Anyway, back to this year- yelling, screaming, crying- the works. On a happier note, I think I did pretty well, considering it was my first full-on dinner for a holiday. We had turkey, ham, two cakes, chicken, stuffing, stuffed chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, rice, gravy- the works :D. No one got sick and most of the food got eaten. My anklebiter's first Thanksgiving... and she was my sous chef (the direct assistant to the executive chef)!

I've given up on the holidays for now. The harder I try, the harder I fall when things go wrong. For Christmas, I'm going to SLEEP, RELAX... and read a few good books. Not really :o) I'm still going to try and make it extra special for Princess Mira. I just won't expect anything from anyone and that way, I won't be disappointed. No expectations, no disappointments.

No comments: